The Center for Effective Learning (Susan Kovalik & Associates, Inc.)
is a globally recognized leader in research-based innovative learning practices
for developing responsible citizens.
Highly Effective Teaching (HET) is an innovative education model* providing a myriad of strategies that are brain-compatible, effective in increasing capacity and optimizing learning for students, and implemented in progressive stages for the busy classroom teacher. * formerly known as ITI (Integrated Thematic Instruction) Model
The Mission of the Center for Effective Learning is to facilitate the translation of brain research with school and districts in developing practical strategies for:
- effective instruction
- meaningful, conceptual content
- responsible citizenship-both today and in the future
Our mission is accomplished by creating educational communities where individuals are productively engaged, their contributions valued, and their talents used to increase learning and performance capacity.
The goals of the Center for Effective Learning and the HET Model include the following:
- To create innovative strategies for applying current brain research which enhance human capacity and create the conditions for optimal performance – at school at work, and at home.
- To Equip others with skills for independent thinking processes through current information, knowledge and experience.
- To expand personal spheres of influence for reaching homes, school, businesses, the community, the country, and our world.
- To network and establish partnerships with other community-minded individuals and organizations.
- To provide and/or recommend materials and tools for relevant use.