Schools Exceeding Expectations (SEE) Conference
April 21-24, 2010
A long-standing annual training opportunity and showcase for Highly Effective Teaching Model Schools across the country is our Schools Exceeding Expectations (SEE) Conference. This essential training provides an opportunity for educators to observe the model in action at a national site selected for its dedication to providing an exceptional brain-compatible education for students.
View a Promotional Video Clip for the 2010 SEE Conference in Huntington, Indiana!
The 2010 Schools Exceeding Expectations Conference is hosted at an exceptional K-12 school district in Huntington, Indiana (Huntington County Community School Corporation). Conference participants receive the most current and updated information on brain-compatible teaching and learning, along with dynamic presentations by our Master Educators, as well as author, and creator of the Highly Effective Teaching Model, Susan Kovalik. The guest speakers include Barbara Pedersen with C.L.A.S.S. of Indiana, and Dr. Willard Daggett from the International Center for Learning in Education. During this professional development training event, teachers, administrators, and support staff members will participate in:
- classroom visitations demonstrating Highly Effective Teaching (HET) in action
- breakout sessions and focus strands with HET master associates
- interactive presentations on instructional practices and leadership approaches
- networking opportunities with other schools and districts
- developing Effective First Teaching curriculum and instruction
Come join us for this essential professional development event, April 21-24, 2010.
Please select your CHOICE SESSIONS for the Wednesday Pre-Conference and Saturday Sessions.
Please check back for updated conference details regarding presentation handouts in the table below.
NOTE: Printed materials may NOT be provided. You MUST download and PRINT ahead of time.
Previous HET Model Schools - hosting the SEE Conference (formerly "Best of the Best Invitational"):
- 2009 – Blount County Schools, K-5, Maryville, Tennessee
- 2008 – Kenowa Hills Public Schools, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 2007 –“Spring Summit”, Seattle Girls' School presentation, Seattle, Washington
- 2006 – Bismarck Public Schools, K-12, Bismarck, North Dakota
- 2005 – Kaleva Norman Dickson School District, K-12, Kaleva, Michigan
- 2004 – Bookman Road Elementary School, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2003 – Gateway Elementary School, K-6, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2002 – Tulsa Public and Parochial District, K-12, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2001 – Edith Garhime Elementary, Las Vegas, Nevada