The ARRA and HET Connection
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act & the Highly Effective Teaching Model:
Solutions to School Reform and Improvement
Education funds provided through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) provide a unique opportunity to jump start school reform and improvement efforts while also saving and creating jobs and stimulating the economy. The Center for Effective Learning offers the solution for effectively using these one-time funds for implementing brain-compatible education with the Highly Effective Teaching Model, which leads to improved results for students, long-term gains in school and school system capacity, and increased productivity and effectiveness.
ARRA identifies four core reforms to help the nation meet the goal for educational improvement:
- adopting rigorous college- and career-ready standards and high-quality assessments;
- establishing data systems and using data for improvement;
- increasing teacher effectiveness and equitable distribution of effective teachers; and
- turning around the lowest-performing schools.
Every district and school should use ARRA funds to improve student outcomes over the next two years and to advance reforms that will have even longer-term impact. Implementing the Highly Effective Teaching Model systemically improves educational outcomes from early learning through high school, and into adulthood.
Our Education Model provides the solutions to:
- Optimize results for students. The Highly Effective Teaching Model offers proven results for students, including students in poverty, students with behavior challenges and disabilities, as well as English language learners.
- Increase capacity. Highly Effective Teaching Model increases human capacity. Improve educators’ long-term effectiveness through instructional strategies, which thereby increases the opportunity for student success and attaining mastery.
- Accelerate reform. Make advancements in state, district, or school improvement plans and the reform goals (encompassed in ARRA) by embedding the academic learning requirements into conceptual curriculum of the Highly Effective teaching Model.
- Avoid the drop-off and improve productivity. Learn how to avoid recurring costs that states, school systems, and schools are unprepared to assume when funding ends. Implementing the Highly Effective Teaching Model will help you transition to more effective, efficient, and sustainable approaches.
- Foster continuous improvement. The Highly Effective Teaching Model offers research-based approaches to measure and track brain-compatible implementation and results. It also provides a means for formative assessment with reference to the Levels of Use as well as immediate feedback.
The solutions for educational reform require new thinking and meaningful conversations among state, district, and school leaders, as well as teachers, students, families, and communities. From research to practice – the Highly Effective Teaching Model grows responsible citizens.